A Life of Stewardship – First (11/04/2018)
November 3, 2018
Based on an attributes of God: His preeminence, God can’t be second. He has to be always FIRST. He is not only first of all, He is before all.
HONOR the Lord with your possessions, And with the FIRSTFRUITS OF ALL YOUR INCREASE (the best part of everything you produce); 10 So your barns will be filled with plenty, And your vats will overflow with new wine. (so that you may have more than enough to meet your needs and bless others)
- Stewardship of Time, Talents, family, finances, health, etc must begin with God being FIRST. Because of who He is, His nature, His attribute, God cannot be second!
Order – When God is first there’s order
I have told you these things, so that IN ME (JESUS) you may have PEACE (TRANQUILITY, ORDER). In the world you have tribulation and distress and suffering, but be COURAGEOUS [BE CONFIDENT, BE UNDAUNTED, BE FILLED WITH JOY]; I have overcome the world.” [My conquest is accomplished, My victory abiding.] (John 16:33 AMP)
- Order doesn’t mean you won’t have difficulties, hard times. It means God is in charge!
- Statement: When God is first in our stewardship, everything will be in order.
Position: The Position of your offering to God matter
And IN THE PROCESS OF TIME it came to pass that Cain brought AN OFFERING of the fruit of the ground to the Lord. 4 Abel also brought of THE FIRSTBORN OF HIS FLOCK and of their fat. And the Lord respected Abel and his offering, 5 but He did not respect Cain and his offering. And Cain was very angry, and his countenance fell. (Genesis 4:3-5)
- Statement: It’s not that God would not accept it. He could not accept it. He wasn’t FIRST!
- In the process of time- Cain brought an offering. Indicates it was not the First offering.
- Abel brought the Firstborn of his flock. He put God first.
- Where is God positioned when it comes to stewardship and offering?
Final Say – Who has the final say?
But seek FIRST the KINGDOM OF GOD and HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS, and all these things (The resources you need) shall be added to you (Matthew 6:33)
- What is the Kingdom of God is God’s supreme rule
- Question: Does God have the supreme rule over your stewardship?
- What is His Righteousness? His standard
- Question: Can your stewardship be measured by His standard?
- Here’s what this scripture is saying to us: Does God have the final say?
What is the Holy Spirit saying to you through this message?
Leave a Reply