21 And that water is a picture of baptism, which now saves you, NOT BY REMOVING DIRT FROM YOUR BODY, BUT AS A RESPONSE TO GOD FROM A CLEAN CONSCIENCE. IT (water baptism) IS EFFECTIVE because of the RESURRECTION OF JESUS CHRIST. (1 Peter 3:21 NLT)
- Water baptism is a public declaration as a believer, as a follower of Christ: You believe in the resurrection of Jesus Christ.
- Water Baptism: “is effective because of the resurrection of Jesus Christ”
- water baptism is an important step of obedience after salvation but cannot be a requirement for salvation.
For BY GRACE YOU HAVE BEEN SAVED THROUGH FAITH, and that not of yourselves; it is THE GIFT OF GOD, 9 NOT OF WORKS, lest anyone should boast (Ephesians 2:8 NKJ)
- When it comes to salvation, the only one you have to thank is Jesus!
- Water baptism is a public declaration of your salvation.
3 Or do you not know that as many of us as were baptized into Christ Jesus were BAPTIZED INTO HIS DEATH? 4 Therefore we were BURIED WITH HIM THROUGH BAPTISM INTO DEATH, that JUST AS CHRIST WAS RAISED FROM THE DEAD by the glory of the Father, even so WE ALSO SHOULD WALK IN NEWNESS OF LIFE. (Romans 6:3-4 NKJ)
- The action of being immersed in the water illustrates dying and being buried with Christ.
- The action of coming out of the water pictures Christ’s resurrection.
- The act of water baptism is public declaration that you are now walking in a newness of life because of what Jesus has done in you.
“Therefore, if anyone is IN CHRIST, he is a NEW CREATION; OLD things have passed away; behold, ALL THINGS have become NEW” (2 Corinthians 5:17 NKJ)
- Water Baptism is the celebration of NEW LIFE!