STATEMENT: I believe this is the lowest part of Joseph’s life. At this point he’s probably questioning God’s calling on his life. He’s lost sight of who he is.
- God’s fire forges the best dreams/ callings and creates the best destinies
- The stronger fire, the stronger his presence, the closer you are to your answer the calling and fulfill your destiny.
- FIRE REVEALS HIS PRESENCE
When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, Nor shall the flame scorch you. (Isaiah 43:2)
- When you read this just this one verse you want to celebrate- YOU! AWESOME YOU!
- But it has nothing to do with you, but HIM IN YOU!
- The key is in verse 1: “THUS SAYS THE LORD, WHO CREATED YOU, FORMED YOU, FEAR NOT, I HAVE REDEEMED YOU. I HAVE CALLED YOU BY YOUR NAME, YOU ARE MINE!”
FIRE DEVELOPS CHARACTER
- Character is not developed over night. It takes time. It takes patience. It takes fire.
- Joseph was in the fire 13 years. David (13 yrs). Moses (40 yrs)
FIRE PRODUCES APPOINTMENTS (Genesis 40)
- Fire has the ability to produce divine appointments.
- When God released His calling for Moses, He created a divine appointed- A burning bush
- For Joseph, it was the prison. The place of disgrace, dishonor, became the place where God would set up a divine appointment with the Pharaoh’s butler and baker.
- What is the Holy Spirit saying to you through this message?