READ: I Samuel 3: 1-10
Being confused or not fully understanding the dream is absolutely normal. Because sometimes what we equate as confusing is simply God stirring our nest.
In Samuel’s story in a time when the Lord was silent, God chose to speak to a young boy about the age of 12.
RULE #1 BE FAMILIAR WITH GOD’S VOICE
- Samuel wasn’t familiar with the voice of God so he went to Eli – because he was familiar with HIS voice
- Isn’t that what we do when we are unsure about our dream / calling? We run to the voices we are familiar with. Even Joseph went to his brothers and father.
RULE #2 WHAT YOU NEED IS TO WATER THE SOIL
Psalm 92:13-14 “Those planted in the house of the Lord will flourish and produce fruit even in their old age.”
- The soil can be referred to as the church, the house of the Lord.
- I believe inside every believer here today God has placed dreams, callings, destinies.
- The soil is the perfect environment.
RULE #3 RULE OF 80% – LAUNCH OUT TO THE DEEP
- Leave the comfort of the shore – stepping out and doing something that completely makes you rely on HIM rather than any gifts and talents. If you can do the dream on your own, it’s not big enough.
- Remember gifts and talents will get you through the door but its the presence of God IN YOU that keeps you there.
- What is the Holy Spirit saying to you through this message?