OPENING SCRIPTURE: FOR GOD HAS NOT GIVEN US A SPIRIT OF FEAR, but of POWER and of LOVE and of a SOUND MIND. (2 Timothy 1:7 NKJ)
- God has not given us a spirit of fear!
- God has given us POWER: The word power comes from the Greek word, Dunamis. That’s where we get the word dynamite. God has given us the power, the miraculous ability, the insight, the inner strength to drive out fear. That power is faith!
- God has given us LOVE: The Agape or unconditional love for people who might be struggling with fear. So that we don’t judge but we reach out to point them to freedom!
- God has given us SOUND MIND: A calm and well balanced mind when fear comes knocking
For fear to be conquered, we must know its origins and how it operates
- FEAR IS OF THE DEVIL
- Ephesians 6:12 tells us “Our struggles is not against flesh and blood but against spiritual forces of evil”.
- Fear is a spiritual weapon of the enemy. That he uses against us to paralyze us.
- Fear can come in all shapes and sizes: Fearful of getting sick, fearful of losing your job, fearful of not being to pay your bills, fearful of dying, fearful of rejection, fearful of failure, fearful of the unknown.
- FEAR CANNOT EXIST WITHOUT A HOST
- FEAR IS A SPIRIT THAT CANNOT EXIST WITHOUT A HOST. It needs a host, a domain, a vessel to exist. It needs a person. Just like a parasite. Just like a virus.
- FEAR CANNOT INVITE ITSELF IN BUT WILL TAKE ADVANTAGE OF AN UNGUARDED GATE. See what I just did: Walls and Gates.
- FEAR IS A SPIRIT THAT ESTABLISH A RESIDENCE IN YOUR LIFE AND LIVE THERE RENT FREE!
I will give you 3 things to do on a daily basis to conquer that spirit of fear.
- Remember fear is a spirit that cannot exist without a host. It is constantly looking for one.
- How do we filter out? 1st off, we guard the gates to the mind: eyes, ears.
FIX YOUR THOUGHTS on what is TRUE, and HONORABLE, and RIGHT, and PURE, and LOVELY, and ADMIRABLE. Think about things that are EXCELLENT and WORTHY OF PRAISE. 9 Keep putting into practice all you learned and received from me—everything you heard from me and saw me doing. THEN THE GOD OF PEACE WILL BE WITH YOU. (Philippians 4:8,9 NLT)
- When you do that: YOU ARE ALLOWING THE GOD OF PEACE TO BE WITH YOU!
- FEAR IS A SPIRIT THAT FEEDS ITSELF ON FEAR. Imagine for a minute if you starve out any fear that is in you. What will happen to it. It will eventually die out.
- Max Lucado in his book, Fearless, states, “Feed your fears, and your faith will starve. Feed your faith, and your fears will starve.”
- Fear and Faith cannot co-exist!
- You see, faith is also a spirit. The more you feed it the more it grows.
- In Romans 10:17 it says that faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God
- How do you feed faith: You put the Word of God at the front center of your life.
- FEAR IS A SPIRIT THAT HAS TO BE DRIVEN OUT! NOT PRAYED OUT BUT DRIVEN OUT.
“ Such love has no fear, because PERFECT LOVE EXPELS ALL FEAR.” (1 John 4:18 NLT)
- Perfect Love (JESUS) expels or drives out fear.
- GREATER IS THE PERFECT LOVE THAT LIVES IN US THAT ALL THE FEARS PUT TOGETHER
FINAL THOUGHT: Fear is a weapon of choice in the enemy’s arsenal. BUT OUR GOD has given us an even greater weapon: OUR FAITH. OUR FAITH IN HIS NAME AND HIS BLOOD.
FOR THE WEAPONS OF OUR WARFARE ARE NOT CARNAL BUT MIGHTY IN GOD for PULLING DOWN strongholds, 5 CASTING DOWN arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, BRINGING EVERY THOUGHT INTO CAPTIVITY to the obedience of Christ (2 Corinthians 10:4-6)
- Weapons to pull down the stronghold of fear! A stronghold is an occupied territory. You see the enemy of fear has been occupying space in your mind rent free
- Weapons to cast down the argument of fear. It’s argument that Jesus won 2000 years by defeating the enemy of fear.
- Weapons to hold into captivity every fearful thought.
- It’s time TO FILTER OUT, STARVE OUT, DRIVE OUT any spirit of fear
- What is the Holy Spirit saying to you through this message?