We do LIFE in COMMUNITY and not in SOLITUDE. WE GROW IN CIRCLES NOT IN ROWS. WE CANNOT GROW UNLESS WE ARE PLANTED! WE CANNOT STAND UNLESS WE ARE UNITED!
WE CANNOT BE REFINED UNLESS WE ARE IN THE FIRE- BEING IN THE FIRE
For we are GOD’S MASTERPIECE. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago. (Ephesians 2:10)
- The raw materials (talents, gifts, personality traits) for this masterpiece are already in us
- God uses those raw materials of “You” and He refines it!
I will bring that group(us) through the FIRE and make them PURE. I will REFINE them like silver and purify them like gold. They will call on my name, and I will answer them. I will say, ‘These are my people,’ and they will say, ‘The Lord is our God.’” (Zechariah 13:9)
- GOD’S COMMITMENT TO US
I will bring that group(us) through the FIRE and make them PURE.
- God is commitment to us!
- He is committed to you being His child.
- GOD’S COMMITMENT TO THE PROCESS
“I will refine them like silver and purify them like gold”
- In the Bible, when it talks about God testing us, He does not use the same understanding that we have concerning test like quizzes, exams, etc. In the Bible testing is referring to the refining process of metal. God does not test you to see how you know, or to find out where your breaking point is. He already knows you inside and out
- He uses the refining process so that we begin to look a little more like Him
- He is so committed to the refining process that He Himself will go through it with us
When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you (Isaiah 43:2)
- What is the Holy Spirit saying to you through this message?
- It’s time to grow church!