STATEMENT: REACH begins with you and me! A decision that we must make individually. REACH cannot be forced.
OPENING SCRIPTURE: Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended (ARRIVED, ACHIEVED); but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and REACHING FORWARD to those things which are ahead. (Philippians 3:13)
I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus (vv14)
REACHING FORWARD is not only a personal decision but it also a progressive decision followed by an action.
REACHING FORWARD implies 3 things
- REACHING FORWARD – Unlocks the prison called SELF
- Self wants to hang on instead of let go and let God in
- Self wants to be comfortable
- Self wants to use our past failures and even accomplishments and turn them into prisons
- This is how Jesus addressed that “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me. (Luke 9:23)
- REACHING FORWARD – Lean on God rather than self
- REACHING FORWARD will cause you to lean on God instead of self and people
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; 6 In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths. ( Proverbs 3:5-6)
- REACHING FORWARD – Eyes locked on Jesus
Let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, LOOKING UNTO JESUS, the author and finisher of our faith (Hebrews 12:1-2)
- “LOOKING” here comes from a Greek word meaning: Having eyes for no one but Jesus
- What is the Holy Spirit saying to you through this message?
- Who has your eyes? That will determine your reach