For I KNOW the plans I have for you,” says the Lord “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. (Jeremiah 29:11 NLT)
- If you know that God’s plan is Good, would you know move forward with it? A question that you should ask yourself everyday!
- Moving Forward is a journey that starts with One Step
- The expectation is not ONE GIANT LEAP instead of ONE SMALL STEP.
- “The journey of a thousand miles begins with ONE STEP.” (Old Chinese Proverb)
- “That’s one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind.” (Neil Armstrong)
God rejoices in that small, first step you take.
Do not despise these small beginnings (steps), for the Lord rejoices to see the work begin (Zechariah 4:10 NLT)
- BIG DREAMS start with ONE SMALL STEP.
THE STEPS of a good man are ordered by the Lord (Psalm 37:23 NKJ)
- Destinies are defined by day to day decisions. ONE STEP
Exodus 14 describes the freedom journey of the children of Israel
- Their expectation of Moving forward was a giant leap, but God’s plan for them was a step by step journey. ONE STEP of faith and obedience at a time.
10 As Pharaoh approached, the people of Israel looked up and panicked when they saw the Egyptians overtaking them. They cried out to the Lord, 11 and they said to Moses, “Why did you bring us out here to die in the wilderness? Weren’t there enough graves for us in Egypt? What have you done to us? Why did you make us leave Egypt? 12 Didn’t we tell you this would happen while we were still in Egypt? We said, ‘Leave us alone! Let us be slaves to the Egyptians. It’s better to be a slave in Egypt than a corpse in the wilderness!’” (Exodus 14:10-12 NLT)
- Fear changed their expectation. Death became more appealing than freedom.
- Fear of the past. Fear of the unknown future. Fear of failure.
God gave them a choice: ONE STEP-ONE DECISION
- To turn back or to Move Forward. A choice for life or death.
“Now listen! Today I am giving you a choice between life and death, between prosperity and disaster. (Deuteronomy 30:15 NLT)
16 For I command you this day to love the Lord your God and to keep his commands, decrees, and regulations by walking in his ways. If you do this, you will live and multiply, and the Lord your God will bless you and the land you are about to enter and occupy. 17 “But if your heart turns away and you refuse to listen, and if you are drawn away to serve and worship other gods. (Deuteronomy 30:16-17 NLT)
- God is always giving us a choice: Life with Him or disaster with the enemy.
God is looking for children that will follow Him willingly and not forcefully.
If you are WILLING and OBEDIENT, You shall eat the good of the land (Isaiah 1:19 NKJ)
Moses’ plea to the people
13 But Moses told the people, “Don’t be afraid. Just stand still and watch the Lord rescue you today. The Egyptians you see today will never be seen again. 14 The Lord himself will fight for you. Just stay calm.” (Exodus 14:13-14 NLT)
- MOVE FORWARD by taking this ONE STEP called trust.
God’s plea to us
Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. 6 Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take. (Proverbs 3:5-6 NLT)
- Trust is always a function of the heart.
God’s plan for deliverance is to MOVE FORWARD.
21 Then Moses raised his hand over the sea, and the Lord opened up a path through the water with a strong east wind. The wind blew all that night, turning the seabed into dry land. 22 So the people of Israel walked through the middle of the sea on dry ground, with walls of water on each side! (Exodus 14:21-22 NLT)
The journey of MOVING FORWARD in your life is always ONE STEP at a time.
No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing (ONE STEP): Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead (MOVE FORWARD). (Philippians 3:13 NLT)
- What is the Holy Spirit saying to you through this message?