June 4, 2023
When you Move Towards Eternity, it would suggest that eternity is ahead of you.
• You are chasing eternity. Time becomes a factor.
When you Move With Eternity, it would suggest that eternity is in you already!
• You are no longer chasing time. It has no factor in your life.
Eternity has no concept of time.
• Time that never ends or has no limits (Cambridge)
• The quality or state of being eternal (Webster)
• When God talks about eternity, He is referring to Himself as being eternal.
Yet God has made everything beautiful for its own time. He has planted ETERNITY in the human heart. (Ecclesiastes 3:11 NLT)
• God has placed Himself in the human heart.
• In every human soul is a God-given awareness: He is real.
For ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky. Through everything God made, they can clearly see his invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse for not knowing God. (Romans 1:20 NLT)
• Believer or a non-believer, we all have this God-given awareness: God is real, and no one can deny His existence.
He has planted ETERNITY in the human heart. (Ecclesiastes 3:11 NLT)
• In every human soul is a God-given awareness that there is “something more” than this transient world. Hope.
• “Eternity” is translated form the Hebrew word: “Olam” meaning future.
• It is a God-given awareness that produces hope. Hope for a better future.
• God has placed Eternity (Himself) in our hearts so that we can Hope for a better Future in Him!
Moving With Eternity: #1 Knowing that He has a plan for your life.
• He has planted Himself in our hearts, to remind us that He has a plan for our life.
For I KNOW the plans I have for you,” says the Lord “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a FUTURE and a HOPE. (Jeremiah 29:11 NLT)
• A hope and future that are not bound by the concept of time. Eternal value!
Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in his eyes. (Ephesians 1:4 NLT)
• Without fault in His eyes
• He views us as: God’s masterpiece.
For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago. (Ephesians 2:10 NLT)
• He has created us anew in Christ Jesus.
Moving With Eternity: #2 To remind you of the New You
This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun! (2 Corinthian 5:17 NLT)
• You now belong to Eternity Himself and you move with Eternity!
• So where’s that Old self? He is dead!
My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. (Galatians 2:20 NLT)
• Your old self is dead, and Eternity lives in you, and you move with Eternity!
Moving With Eternity: #3 Leave The Past Behind
“Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. (Isaiah 43:18 NIV)
• Dwelling on the past, means establishing residence in the past.
• Soon we will forget how good God is today. We will forget today’s blessings!
“Reflect upon your present blessings of which every man has many; not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some.” Charles Dickens
• In other words, count your blessings. Don’t focus on your misfortunes!
See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland. (Isaiah 43:18-19 NIV)
• I am making a way!
What is the Holy Spirit saying to you through this message?