“SING, O childless woman, you who have never given birth! BREAK INTO LOUD AND JOYFUL SONG, O Jerusalem, you who have never been in labor. For the desolate woman now has more children than the woman who lives with her husband,” says the Lord. (Isaiah 54:1 NLT)
- Theologically, this passage is referring to this barren woman as the nation of Israel.
- Historically, it’s referring to the land after its destruction when the King of Babylon invaded, destroyed everything, and took them into captivity.
- It meant shame, disgrace and humiliation.
But from this place of shame, disgrace and humiliation, God commanded on thing: WORSHIP
“BREAK OUT INTO LOUD AND JOYFUL SONG!”
- The very first command here from God here is to worship!
SHOUT WITH JOY to the Lord, all the earth! 2 WORSHIP the Lord with gladness. Come before him, SINGING WITH JOY. 3 Acknowledge that the Lord is God! He made us, and we are his. We are his people, the sheep of his pasture. 4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving; go into his courts with praise. Give thanks to him and praise his name. (Psalm 100:1-4)
- Worship allows you to be refreshed by Him – The Oasis
- Now because you are refreshed in Him, you can in turn refresh others!
- The oasis in you makes you an oasis to others
“The generous will prosper; those who refresh others will themselves be refreshed.” (Proverbs 11:25 NLT)
- The whole concept of an oasis is not for the oasis itself. It is about others.
TRANSITION: That’s why we have Isaiah 54 verses 2 and 3.
“ENLARGE your house; build an addition. Spread out your home, and spare no expense! 3 For you will soon be bursting at the seams. Your descendants will occupy other nations and resettle the ruined cities. (Isaiah 54:2-3 NLT)
- He challenges to worship, but He does not want to stop there.
- The challenge beyond worship is to enlarge.
- An oasis is all about others being refreshed. An oasis is all about legacy. An oasis is all about the next generation.
To Enlarge we MUST do 2 things:
- Make Room For The New
“Behold, I am doing A NEW THING; now it SPRINGS FORTH, do you not perceive it? (Is 43:19)
You cannot be an oasis until you make room for the new
- Your Faith Must Be Stretched
“These trials will show that your faith is genuine. It is being TESTED AS FIRE TESTS and purifies gold (1Peter 1:7 NLT)
You cannot be an oasis until your faith is stretched
What is the Holy Spirit saying to you through this message?