OPENING SCRIPTURE: (Luke 5:1-5)
So it was, as the multitude pressed about Him to hear the word of God, that He stood by the Lake of Gennesaret, 2 and saw two boats standing by the lake; but the fishermen had gone from them and were washing their nets. 3 Then He got into one of the boats, which was Simon’s, and asked him to put out a little from the land. And He sat down and taught the multitudes from the boat. 4 When He had stopped speaking, He said to Simon, “LAUNCH out into the deep and let down your nets for a catch.” 5 But Simon answered and said to Him, “Master, we have toiled all night and caught nothing; NEVERTHELESS AT YOUR WORD I will let down the net
- Jesus did not invite Peter to take a sip. He invited Peter to Launch out into the deep!
- Jesus saw Peter as an oasis even though Peter did not see himself as one.
“Master, we have toiled all night and caught nothing; NEVERTHELESS AT YOUR WORD I will let down the net”
- Here’s what Peter was saying: What you are asking me does not make sense. BUT! I am ready to LAUNCH AT YOUR WORD!
- To become an oasis for God, you must be willing to launch at His Word.
What does that mean to you and me as believers to Launch At His Word?
LAUNCHING AT HIS WORD: LEAVE THE COMFORT ZONE
- There’s always a level of comfort that we all have. That’s not a bad thing when it is properly harnessed by the Holy Spirit.
- There are times when the Holy Spirit will get you out of that comfort zone for a reason that you might not know.
- God’s vision for your life lies beyond the comfort of the shores. He wants you to realize that the oasis in you is much bigger than anything the enemy can throw at you!
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding;
6 In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths. (Proverbs 3:5-6 NKJ)
- Launching at His Word means to invite Jesus into the boat.
- Launching At His Word means Leave the comfort zone
LAUNCHING AT HIS WORD: ALIGNING FAITH WITH SPEECH
- Peter aligned his faith with his speech: “NEVERTHELESS AT YOUR WORD I will let down the net”
- He responded to Jesus’ command to LAUNCH by giving his faith a voice! He said YES!
- Faith is a powerful weapon but if it is silent is it dead.
- James says: “faith without works is dead” (James 2:26). In the same manner faith without speech faith is also dead.
And since we have the same SPIRIT OF FAITH, according to what is written, “I believed and therefore I spoke,” we also BELIEVE AND THEREFORE SPEAK (2 Corinthians 4:13 NKJ)
- God is always waiting for faith to come into action.
- Launching at His Word is Isaiah 55:11. Taking God at His Word and launching it with the expectation that it will not return back void!
So shall My word be that goes forth (launches) from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void,
But it shall accomplish what I please, And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it. (Isaiah 55:11 NKJ)
- Launching At His Word means to take God at His Word and by faith LAUNCH HIS WORD by speaking His Word!
What is the Holy Spirit saying to you through this message?