OPENING SCRIPTURE: HEBREWS 4:15-16
For we have not a high priest which cannot be TOUCHED with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore COME BOLDLY unto THE THRONE OF GRACE, that we may OBTAIN MERCY, and FIND GRACE to help in time of need.
- Jesus, our High Priest can not only BE TOUCHED but who is also 100% IN TOUCH with the feelings of our infirmities. 100% In touch with our weaknesses. 100% IN TOUCH with our sinful nature. Yet He Himself is without sin
- Once we BOLDLY enter the throne room of Grace we can TOUCH Him who is perfect
LUKE 8:43-48: Story of a woman who entered the Throne Room and TOUCH HIM
Now a woman, having a flow (Issue) of blood for twelve years, who had spent all her livelihood on physicians and could not be healed by any ( Verse 43)
- Issues could be many things: brokenness, pain, abandonment
- Issues that are going on inside of us that we don’t want anybody else to know
- God needs those broken pieces to built His masterpiece.
She CAME FROM BEHIND and TOUCHED the border of His garment. And immediately her flow of blood stopped. (Verse 44)
- She came from behind! That’s the only way she could come out in public
- But she knew that GRACE was passing by
- She came from behind until she was CLOSE ENOUGH TO TOUCH GRACE
45 And Jesus said, “WHO TOUCHED ME?” When all denied it, Peter and those with him said, “Master, the multitudes throng and press You, and You say, ‘Who touched Me?’ ” 46 But Jesus said, “SOMEBODY TOUCHED ME, for I perceived POWER going out from Me.”
- 100’s people were pressing against Jesus BUT only 1 touched Him
- Jesus stopped and recognized her in front of everybody: “Daughter, be of good cheer; YOUR FAITH HAS MADE YOU WELL. Go in peace.”
HERE’S THE MORAL OF THIS STORY
- Don’t let Jesus pass you by without reaching out and TOUCHING HIM
- There’s a side of Grace that compels us to COME BOLDLY TO THE THRONE OF GRACE
- What is the Holy Spirit saying to you through this message?