Opening Scripture: Genesis 22
Here’s what God wants to teach us today: I am not only the owner of the vision but I am also the ultimate provider for the vision- I am THE PRO-VISION
There are 3 requirements for Provision:
VISION- REQUIRES TEST
Take now your son, your ONLY SON ISAAC, whom you love, and go to the land of Moriah, and offer him there as a burnt offering on one of the mountains of which I shall tell you. So Abraham ROSE EARLY IN THE MORNING and saddled his donkey, and took two of his young men with him, and Isaac his son (vv 2, 3)
Vision is always tested. Why? Simply because vision carries a heavy load. God is good and His number 1 goal is to make sure that the vision He gives us does not crush us.
VISION – REQUIRES EXPECTANCY
And Abraham said to his young men, “Stay here with the donkey; THE LAD AND I WILL GO YONDER AND WORSHIP, and WE WILL COME BACK TO YOU.” (VV 5)
- What expectancy? An expectancy that somehow God will show up, if I show up
- You set the expectancy
VISION – REQUIRES FAITH
Isaac said, “Look, the fire and the wood, but where is the lamb for a burnt offering?”And Abraham said, “MY SON, GOD WILL PROVIDE FOR HIMSELF THE LAMB FOR A BURNT OFFERING.” (VV8)
- Sometimes a vision will carry no visible signs. No evidence to show for. But you have to know that the Vision is there!
PRO-VISION: THE REWARD OF OBEDIENCE
Then Abraham lifted his eyes and looked, and there behind him was a ram caught in a thicket by its horns. So Abraham went and took the ram, and offered it up for a burnt offering instead of his son. And Abraham called the name of the place, THE-LORD-WILL-PROVIDE (JEHOVAH JIREH) (VV14)
- I believe that ram got there ahead of Abraham and Isaac
- God’s provision is always ahead of His vision
- What is the Holy Spirit saying to you through this message?