April 30, 2023
Those who are PLANTED in the house of the LORD Shall flourish in the courts of our God. 14 They shall still bear fruit in old age; They shall be fresh and flourishing. (Psalm 92:13-14 NKJ)
• Nothing grows unless it is planted. Nothing bears fruit unless it is planted.
• Staying planted requires trust- Trust in the Lord!
“Blessed is the man who TRUSTS IN THE LORD And whose HOPE IS THE LORD For he shall be like a tree PLANTED by the waters, Which spreads out its ROOTS by the river, And will not fear when heat comes; But its LEAF will be green, And will not be anxious in the year of drought, NOR WILL CEASE FROM YIELDING FRUIT. (Jeremiah 17:7-8 NKJ)
POINT#1 – TRUSTING GOD PRODUCES ROOTS
He shall be like a tree PLANTED by the waters, Which spreads out its ROOTS by the river (Jeremiah 17:8 NKJ)
• As long as you are connected to the source, God is developing your roots!
LET YOUR ROOTS GROW DOWN INTO HIM, AND LET YOUR LIVES BE BUILT ON HIM. Then your faith will grow strong in the truth you were taught, and you will OVERFLOW WITH THANKFULNESS. (Colossians 2:7 NLT)
• When you are planted, your roots will grow down into Jesus!
“On this rock (Christ, the Son of the Living God) I will build My church, and the gates of Hades (Hell) shall not prevail against it. (Matthew 16:18 NKJ)
• We must trust Jesus as the builder of His church.
• His promise is that when we trust Him as the builder, the gates of hell will not prevail against us!
POINT # 2: TRUSTING GOD PROTECTS THE LEAVES
“And (BECAUSE YOU ARE TRUSTING GOD, YOU) will NOT FEAR WHEN HEAT COMES; But its LEAF will be GREEN. (Jeremiah 17:8 NKJ)
• Our trust in the Lord will protect the leaves.
• Because your trust is in God, the heat of the enemy will not overcome you.
These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have PEACE. In the world you will have TRIBULATION (HEAT); but be of good cheer, I HAVE OVERCOME THE WORLD.” (John 16:33 NKJ)
POINT #3 – TRUSTING GOD PRODUCES FRUIT
And will not be anxious in the year of drought, NOR WILL CEASE FROM YIELDING FRUIT. (Jeremiah 17:8 NKJ)
• And because your trust is in God, His spirit who dwells in your will produce fruits.
But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things (Galatians 5:22-23 NLT)
Who planted you here? Would you trust Him?
Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take. Don’t be impressed with your own wisdom. Instead, fear the Lord and turn away from evil. Then you will have healing for your body and strength for your bones. Honor the Lord with your wealth and with the best part of everything you produce. Then he will fill your barns with grain, and your vats will overflow with good wine. (Proverbs 3:5-10 NLT)
What is the Holy Spirit saying to you through this message?