The Lord said to Moses, “Warn your brother, Aaron, not to enter the Most Holy Place behind the INNER CURTAIN whenever he chooses; if he does, he will die. For the Ark’s cover—the place of atonement—is there, and I myself am present in the cloud above the atonement cover. (Leviticus 16:2 NLT)
- That veil created a separation between God and Man because of man’s sin.
3 “When Aaron enters the sanctuary area, he must follow these instructions fully. He must bring a young bull for a sin offering and a ram for a burnt offering. 4 He must put on his linen tunic and the linen undergarments worn next to his body. He must tie the linen sash around his waist and put the linen turban on his head. These are sacred garments, so he must bathe himself in water before he puts them on. 5 Aaron must take from the community of Israel two male goats for a sin offering. (Leviticus 16:3-5 NLT)
- No amount animal blood could ever be enough to atone for man’s sin.
- No garment was could ever be sacred enough to put us in right standing with God.
- That veil remained the separation between God and Man!
44 Now it was about the sixth hour, and there was darkness over all the earth until the ninth hour. 45 Then the sun was darkened, and THE VEIL OF THE TEMPLE WAS TORN IN TWO. (Luke 23:44-45 NKJ)
- That torn veil means ACCESS TO GOD HIMSELF.
- That torn veil means COME JUST AS YOU ARE.
- That torn veil means a RESTORED RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD.
19 And so, dear brothers and sisters, WE can BOLDLY enter heaven’s MOST HOLY PLACE because of the blood of Jesus. (Hebrews 10:19 NLT)
The blood of Jesus has given the boldness of a triumphant believer!
20 By HIS DEATH, Jesus opened A NEW AND LIFE-GIVING WAY THROUGH THE CURTAIN into the Most Holy Place. (Hebrews 10:20 NLT)
There’s new life as we enter in!
21 And since we have A GREAT HIGH PRIEST who rules over God’s house, 22 LET US GO RIGHT INTO THE PRESENCE OF GOD WITH SINCERE HEARTS FULLY TRUSTING HIM. (Hebrews 10:21-22 NLT)
- Jesus took the place of the High Priest in the Old Testament.
- No one has access to the Father but through Jesus!
For OUR GUILTY CONSCIENCES have been SPRINKLED WITH CHRIST’S BLOOD to make us CLEAN, and our bodies have been washed with pure water
- On the cross, Jesus took the place of those 2 goats of the OT (Leviticus 26). He not only paid the price for our sins but he also removed them away from us.
- He has removed our sins as far from us as the east is from the west. (Psalm 103:12 NLT)
What is the Holy Spirit saying to you?