PLANTING is POSITIONING for PURPOSE!
Then Joseph’s master took him and put him into the PRISON, a place where the king’s PRISONERS WERE CONFINED. And he was there in the PRISON. (Genesis 39:20 NKJ)
- Joseph’s place of confinement became the place where God would plant him and not bury him.
- What looks like a burial ground, could be the exact soil where God frames your destiny.
Therefore, having been JUSTIFIED BY FAITH, WE HAVE PEACE WITH GOD through our Lord Jesus Christ, 2 through whom also we have ACCESS BY FAITH INTO THIS GRACE in which we STAND, and REJOICE IN HOPE of the glory of God. 3 And not only that, but we also GLORY IN TRIBULATIONS (Romans 5:1-3 NKJ)
- The NLT reads it this way: “We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials”
- The Greek root word for “glory” in this context is this “to wish for or desire”
- How can anyone with a right mind wish for or desire problems and trials?
“knowing that tribulation produces PERSEVERANCE; 4 and perseverance, CHARACTER; and character, HOPE. 5 Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us”. (Romans 5:3-5 NKJ)
- This tribulation (Heat) produces a chain reaction: Perseverance, Character, Hope
POINT#1- TRIBULATION PRODUCES PERSEVERANCE
2 Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles of any kind come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. 3 For you know that WHEN YOUR FAITH IS TESTED, YOUR ENDURANCE HAS A CHANCE TO GROW. (James 1:2-3 NLT)
- Tribulations create opportunities to be tested.
POINT#2 – PERSEVERANCE PRODUCES CHARACTER
8 Even though Jesus was God’s Son, he LEARNED OBEDIENCE from the things he suffered. (Hebrews 5:8 NLT)
- Even Jesus, as a man, had to persevere, tested in order to produce character.
POINT#3 – CHARACTER PRODUCES HOPE
11 Not that I was ever in need, for I have learned how to be content with whatever I have. 12 I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little. 13 FOR I CAN DO EVERYTHING THROUGH CHRIST, WHO GIVES ME STRENGTH. (Philippians 4:11-13 NLT)
- Unshakable hope is that you even in the midst of any trials you can do all things through Christ who gives you strength.
BONUS POINT: HOPE PRODUCES APPOINTMENTS
5 NOW HOPE DOES NOT DISAPPOINT, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us. (Romans 5:5)
- “Hope does not disappoint” The word “Dis”-appoint simply means a “Missed” appointment.
- Hope produces appointments- Divine Appointments
REFLECTION: What is the Holy Spirit saying to you through this message?