THE VALUE and EXPECTANCY OF GOD’S WHISPER!
WHAT WE VALUE WE EXPECT! When you value something, you have a certain expectation that this something will produce great things. If it’s a relationship, you expect the relationship to flourish because of the value you place on it.
QUESTION: DO WE VALUE OUR RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD IN THE SAME WAY? When we VALUE the relationship with God, the EXPECTANCY is huge. AN EXPECTANCY WE CAN ONLY HAVE WHEN YOU ARE PLANTED IN HIS COURTS
How lovely is your dwelling place, Lord Almighty! 2 My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the Lord; my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God. (v 1-2)
Blessed are those who dwell in your house; they are ever praising you.5 Blessed are those whose strength is in you, whose hearts are set on pilgrimage (v 4-5)
Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere; I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked. 11 For the Lord God is a sun (Provider) and shield(Protector); the Lord bestows favor and honor; no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless. (V10-11)
VALUE: Everything in us- our soul, our heart, our flesh want to be in His presence
EXPECTANCY: Hear His Voice. Experience Him as Provider, as Protector. Receive His favor and honor
HOW DO WE PLACE THAT KIND OF VALUE AND EXPECTANCY ON HIS VOICE?
- HAVE A D-A-W-G (Daily Appointment With God)
- Don’t leave hearing from God to chance– Set the time, the place. God will always show up to a place where the atmosphere is set.
- God spoke to Moses in Exodus 19: Instruct the people to get ready, wash their clothes and on the 3rd day, I will speak to them
- BE STILL AND WORSHIP
- In 2 Chronicles 20, God spoke to his children: You will not have to fight this battle. Take your position and stand firm and see the deliverance of the Lord. The position they took was that of worship. Jehoshaphat positioned the worshippers in front of the battle.
- READ AND PRAY
- What to pray for: Pray what in your heart!What to read: Read the word of God.
- LISTEN AND WRITE
David said in 1 Chronicles, “I have in writing as a result of the Lord’s hand on me, and he enabled me to understand all the details of the plan.
- What is the Holy Spirit saying to you through this message?